Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Happy Holidays from RAWTOASTDESIGN



WOW...what a year it's been! Just wanted to take a moment to send out my sincerest "Thank You" to everyone for being a part of this journey with me. It truly would not be possible to be where I am and doing what I do with out the incredible support and constant encouragement that I continue to receive from all of you.

It really is hard to believe that just a little over two years ago I was arriving in this big city. I set out from St. Charles, MO on a cold November afternoon waving goodbye to my amazing family and looking onward to the complete unknown that lay before me.

The drive was made all the way from MO to NYC in a little under a day and I arrived at my first sublet with a couple suitcases, computer dangling at my side...and not a clue as to what I was actually going to do now that I was here.

After a year of experimenting with and reigniting my love for illustration things finally began to take off. Illo gigs have been comin' in steadily this year, The Quirkles (science experiments for kids) children's book series continues to grow, and rent has finally become manageable :)

I worked and traveled to dozens of art/craft/handmade shows selling RTD prints to people from all over the world this past year and I can't even begin to count all of the incredible people that I've met along the way that have influenced me positively during this journey.

I'm looking forward to the adventures that lay within 2010, and sharing those experiences with all of you. Have a wonderful holiday season this year!

All great things to you...

Best,

Jesse Kuhn

Emperor, Lover, Picture Maker

The Republic of Rawtoastdesign
http://www.rawtoastdesign.com
http://rawtoastdesign.blogspot.com



--------------------------

check out all of my editorial freelance illustration at http://www.rawtoastdesign.com/

No comments: