Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Dots Not Feathers Album design



Just finally got my hands on a copy of the Dots Not Feathers: A Thousand Novels album. These guys were great to work with and it was a real pleasure immersing my noggin in their sound for several days as I worked out concepts for the design.

As I was sketching out ideas during the concepting process I thought it would be really cool to connect the “dots” language visually with braille. Getting at the idea that you really do connect with and feel their music. Unfortunately the turnaround was superfast on this and we had very little time for printing, so embossing wasn't an option this go around, but it is on the radar for the next print run. So stay tuned!

Check these super talented humans out here >> Dots Not Feathers









materials used: royalty free clip art, textures, and adobe photoshop.



--------------------------

view my illustration portfolio at http://www.rawtoastdesign.com/

No comments: